Excellent Representation From A Family Law Firm · Board-Certified Specialist
Our New Bern family law firm focuses exclusively on family law matters. We are committed to providing the experienced representation our clients need, while remaining accessible to them. If you need assistance with a family law matter, we encourage you to contact the law office of J. Randal Hunter to schedule a consultation. We assist clients with a broad range of family law matters, including:
- Divorce: Divorce involves many financial, emotional and legal issues. We provide the experienced representation our clients need in a comfortable environment, and we are familiar with the intricacies of high-asset divorce and military divorce.
- Property division: North Carolina is an equitable distribution state. Generally, divorcing spouses divide property equally, but a judge could decide that there are compelling circumstances to divide the property differently. We work with our clients to address property division issues involving family business and real estate, and we can help resolve property division disputes.
- Mediation: Mediation offers families the opportunity to resolve family law matters in a more timely and cost-efficient manner.
- Prenuptial and separation agreements: We encourage our clients to draft prenuptial agreements. Prenuptial agreements can be especially advantageous for individuals who have children from a previous marriage and want to make sure their children's inheritance is protected.
- Alimony: In North Carolina, marital fault is an element in deciding alimony. The judge analyzes the facts involved in each case to determine the alimony awarded.
- Child custody: One of the most difficult issues in a divorce is child custody. We deliver innovative approaches to custody based on the unique circumstances of each family.
- Child support: In North Carolina, a formula determines the amount of a child support obligation. We help parents during a divorce determine how much they can expect to owe or receive in a child support dispute.
- Custody and support modifications: If the child custody, support or alimony decision no longer makes sense due to a significant change in circumstances, we can seek a modification of that order.
- Domestic violence: We represent people seeking and opposing domestic violence protective orders.
- Paternity: Paternity cases often arise during child custody disputes when parents were unwed when they had a child.
- Grandparents' rights: We represent grandparents, parents, stepparents and other relatives seeking custody of the children.
- Alienation of affection: If your spouse committed adultery during your marriage, you may have a claim against your spouse's lover.
Contact Our New Bern Marriage Dissolution Lawyer
Family law is a very broad area of law, and it often involves other areas of the law. If you are involved in a family law matter, it is critical that the attorney you hire can recognize when other areas of law affect your family law issue. Mr. Hunter has more than 30 years of experience helping clients in divorce and other family law matters, and he can recognize when there are tax, real estate, bankruptcy or other legal implications in your concern. By addressing those issues at the beginning, we save our clients time, money and stress.
Contact us online or call us at 252-654-0169 to speak with our experienced Craven County family law lawyer.